Forwards Centre Cultural Offer
Our aim for all children attending the Forwards Centre to receive a broad base of cultural experiences.
Children will be given opportunity to engage in a full spectrum of cultural education in order to develop a fully rounded appreciation of the world around them.
Our aim is for all children to be given the opportunity to:
- Work with a resident artist on a sustained project
- Take part in weekly dance sessions
- Opportunity to sing on a regular basis with trained singing teacher
- Learn a musical instrument on a weekly basis with staff from Bolton Music Service
- Visit Bolton Museum.
- Visit the Imperial War Museum
- Attend a performance at the Octagon Theatre
- Experience performances by a traveling theatre company
- Take part in workshops delivered by professional actors, authors and artists.
- Take part in dramatic performances
- Enjoy story-telling and visit the local library
- Produce short animations
- Visit heritage sites
- Acknowledge festivals and events such as Chinese New year, Easter, Diwali.
- Attend the local cinema and art gallery