Park School - Academy Information
Hello, I am Hazel Banks and I am proud to be the Academy Lead for the Park School Teaching Service.
I’ve been working within Park School for twenty years and became the head of the service in 2014.
Park School Teaching Service provides pupil-centred education which is specifically adapted to meet the needs of every individual child.
Children with very severe physical and mental health illnesses may need to be taught at home before they acquire the skills or make the necessary recovery to take the next steps along their learning path.
Experienced tutors will provide face-to-face teaching and learning complimented by additional resources e.g. e- learning, to assess, plan and deliver the education each child requires.
Alongside the tutors, experienced mentors will provide additional support to help improve emotional intelligence and resilience preparing each child for the next steps.
This could involve a gradual reintegration to mainstream following an individually tailored support package or alternatively transition to The Bridge Nurture Group based at the Roscow Fold Centre in Breightmet.
The aim of The Bridge is to enable the most vulnerable pupils to access learning at their own individual pace. Experienced staff assess learning, social and emotional needs and deliver whatever help is necessary to remove the barriers to learning. Based on the six key principles of nurture, children start to thrive in this very small setting (max 5), who previously had been unable to access education.
The Roscow Fold Centre also provides full time education for key stage 4 pupils enabling them to obtain external qualifications and supporting them into post 16 provision. The curriculum covers both academic subjects and enrichment activities and pupils are supervised at all times. The timetable is extremely flexible allowing children to access as little or as much as their health will allow. Quality First teaching, small group sizes (max 10), learning mentor support and qualified, experienced staff all work together with parents, children and external professionals to ensure the correct package is in place for every child. This is reviewed and amended on a weekly basis.
Additional assessments and/or Interventions are put in place quickly to provide appropriate academic or pastoral support as soon as the need is identified. Specialist support from other qualified professionals is sought when necessary.
The very high staff to pupil ratio, the strong focus on nurture and the early identification of children’s needs by qualified, experienced staff all enable Park School Teaching Service to provide every child with the opportunity to fulfil their learning aspirations, achieving GCSEs and other accreditation, whilst raising self-belief and developing life skills to fully prepare them for the future.
Academy Lead – Park School Teaching Service
- Park School Teaching Service is housed in the Roscow Fold Centre along with The Forwards Centre which is for primary aged children.
- The Roscow Fold Centre is situated on Stephens St in Breightmet and is open from 9am till 4.30pm.
- There is a car park with 2 accessible spaces and some street parking in the vicinity. The area outside the building is very busy between 8.30am and 9.30am and between 2.30pm and 3.30pm.
- On arrival please use the steps or ramp to approach the main door and press the intercom to speak to reception.
- Once inside the building you will be asked to sign in using an electronic system or the receptionist will do this for you if you ask for assistance.
- You will be given an identification label to wear whilst you are in the building and the receptionist will escort you to your meeting.
- There are toilets available for visitors and we will do our best to accommodate any additional needs you may have. Please inform us in advance if possible so that we can ensure your comfort and safety.
Listed below are documents that will help you in planning your visit to Park School:
The majority of polices are set at a Trust Wide Basis. However, there are some Academy specific polices which for Park School Teaching Service are set out below:
Roscow Fold Centre, Stephens Street, Breightmet, Bolton. BL2 5DX
Tel: 01204 333700
Queries from parents and other members of the public should be addressed to Hazel Banks, the Academy Lead
If you require paper copies, free of charge, of any information in this website, please contact the Trust office.