|Pupil Premium Funding
Pupil Premium funding is additional money given to schools from the Department of Education.
Schools have the freedom to spend the funding in a way they think will best support raising the achievement of funded pupils.
Money is awarded to pupils who:
- Are in care (Looked After Children) or have been adopted from care
- Qualify for free school meals or have done at any time in the last 6 years
- Are pupils of service personnel or have been at any time in the last 6 years
The targeted and strategic use of pupil premium funding supports us in achieving our overall vision and aims for all children at Lever Park
- The Headteacher will be responsible for Pupil Premium provision, with specific responsibilities taken by other members of staff
- The Governing Body is directly involved in monitoring the use of Pupil Premium funding and supports the Headteacher in raising aspirations and expectations for all pupils and making decisions about provision
- The School Finance Director will provide income and expenditure reports
- We will ensure that teaching and learning opportunities meet the needs of all pupils, since our primary purpose is to ensure that quality first teaching is provided throughout the school.
- We value the contribution that Pupil Premium funding is able to make to training for staff in key knowledge and skills
- Barriers to learning at our school include financial, social, emotional and special educational needs.